Our mission is to promote and propagate heirloom (non-GMO/non-terminator) seeds through the sharing of seeds and seed saving techniques and information.
What We Do
- Teach new generations the age-old skill of saving open pollinated seeds from prior harvests to use at planting time
- Promote sustainable gardening practices
- Offer advice to help growers use sustainable gardening practices
- Negotiate with the Land Bank Trust to acquire vacant neighborhood lots for use as community gardens
- Present on seed saving related topics at public speaking engagements
- Operate Kansas City’s first Seed Library.
SeedSavers -KC is not directly affiliated with the commercial entity known as “Seed Savers Exchange.”