Our mission is to promote and propagate heirloom (non-GMO/non-terminator) seeds through the
sharing of seeds and seed saving techniques and information.
What We Do:
- Teach new generations the age-old skill of saving open pollinated seeds from prior harvests to use at planting
- Promote sustainable gardening practices.
- Offer advice to help growers use sustainable gardening practices.
- Negotiate with the Land Bank Trust to acquire vacant neighborhood lots for use as community gardens.
- Present on seed saving related topics at public speaking engagements.
- Operate Kansas City's first Seed Library.